2010-02-01

Time for .... frustration....

Well, long time no talk...I didn´t feel like ...

My friend (take a look here: Bukets flickr) and I wanted to take part at a wonderful garden and life style show in our home town ... but: NO. This week we got the negative reply: they have got too many applications ... What a shame!! We´re soo frustrated! Aaaaarrrrgh......
But if you´re near Reutlingen, Germany in the month of May: visit the "Garden Life" show, it´s wonderful!!

OK, we have an alternative!! But weren´t sure about this: It´s "Gartenzauber" in Balingen: a BIG new fair about garden, plants and lifestyle, new and maybe (hopefully) huge! The sent us an invitation and even called me and asked to come to Balingen!! Hmmm, we´ll take part though but it´s like "is it too big??" - "do I bite off more than I can chew?" I mean, I´ve been on some shows, but this one is a level higher, so I´m some kind of unsure ...

OK, let´s go and start!! We will try and do our best - yeahh!

So inbetween my depressive thinkings I tried to make some blocks for a swapbot swap: Quilt Block of the Month February... I tried to cut VERY precise (hahaa, I have an inch ruler!!), and drew the lines AND the seam allowances... this was not difficult, just sew the squares! But THEN. .. my corners just didn´t want to fit... once again and again ... it´s Aaaaaarrrggghhhh... Can you see it????? It seems that the more complexe blocks in the quilting world are just NOT my world!

 
And I tried to make a banner .... 


I LIKE THIS ONE - :)

Next time you´ll read more cheerful thoughts ...
Manchmal schreibe ich auf Deutsch, manchmal nicht ... ist nur eine Zeit- und Launefrage ... sorry!
Meine Freundin Buket ( Bukets Flickr-Photos - übrigens: bukiby gibts auch bei dawanda ...) und ich wollten im Mai an der Garden Life in unserer Stadt Reutlingen teilnehmen... eine wirklich schöne Garten- und Lifestylemesse! Wer also Mitte Mai in der Gegend ist: UNBEDINGT anschauen!! Aber, sie wollten UNS nicht, sie hätten zu viele Anfragen ... SCH.....wir sind also tierisch frustriert ....
OK, aber wir haben eine Alternative: die Messe Gartenzauber in Balingen, neu und groß (hoffentlich auch viele kauflustige Besucher....) Wir bekamen eine Einladung (!!!) und einer der Organisatoren hatte mich sogar angerufen!! Wir sind ein bißchen unsicher, da dies eine große Messe in einer Messehalle ist und wir so was noch niiiiiieeee gemacht haben! Weihnachtsmärkte, Kunstmärkte, aber nicht sowas!! Haben wir uns zu weit aus dem Fenster gelehnt???? Wir investieren einiges an Geld und natürlich Zeit und Aufwand ....
Aber: wir wagens und tun unser Bestes .... POSITIV denken!!!!!

In der Zwischenzeit haben ich erkannt, dass die aufwändigeren Quiltblöcke nichts für mich sind .... ich habe mich WIRKLICH super sehr angestrengt, aber diesemal wollten meine Eckpunkte einfach nicht stimmen..... auftrenen, bügeln, neu nähen, bügeln, SCH......eibenkleister, nochmal....

Aber mein neues Logo gefällt mir!! Wenigsten etwas was schön geworden ist! 
Aber ab morgen gibts hier wieder fröhliche Post - verspochen :)



No comments:

Post a Comment