2012-03-07

Thank you!

I have tried to answer every single comment on my last post ... I will do this the next couple of days!! Promised.
I would have never thought that peoples comment on the web, the thoughts and prayers of people I do not now in real, just online, can give so much comfort in such hard times ... death is just the same aweful thing no matter where you are or who you are. Thank you for your thoughts!
At the moment I try to ignore somehow - trying to finish up some projects ....
I didn´t like my "polaroid of a strange sun" mini quilt - it didn´t have  the effect I imagined ... so I started another one ... but these days I didn´t feel like finishing this - so I gave the "old" one another chance and quilted the white "naked" frame with many, many lines. THAT was what I was missing! So this I will send plus a little spring pouch to my partner of FLQS!


It will all go to the mail on Friday ... after the funeral tomorrow ... it will be a hard day, as it is my birthday, too... I´ve had a strange feeling since some weeks concerning my birthday this year - now I know why :( but there will be many, many people, many family members - so what an occasion and special event ... Let´s see ....


Eigentlich hatte ich versucht, auf jeden einzelnen Kommentar meines letzten Posts zu antworten ... Ich werde das die nächsten Tage auch fertig machen! Ich hätte nie gedacht, dass die Kommentare von menschen, die ich nicht in real kenne, sondern nur im Netz, so wohltuend sein können! Der Tod eines Nächsten ist schlimm, egal wo oder wer du bist .... Ich bin sehr dankbar dass Ihr an uns denkt!!
Im Moment, glaube ich, ignore ich und versuche ein paar Projekte abzuschließen ... Arbeit lenkt ab und gibt ein Stück Normalität ...
Ich bin in der Fabulous Little Quilt Swap group in flickr .... mein "Polaroid" Quilt hat mir irgendwie nicht soo recht gafellen, als er fertig war - das Design hatte nicht ganz den Effekt, den ich mir vorgestellt hatte und habe dann einen neuen fabulous little quilt angefangen ... den ich aber nun nicht efrtigmachen wollte ... ich hatte einfach die ENergie nicht. Dann habe ich beim Polaroid die "nackte" weiße Fläche des Rahmens gaaanz eng gequiltet - das war genau das, was gefehlt hat! 
Nu - das wird am FR losgeschickt, zusammen mit einem kleinen Etui, das wenigstens a bißl an Frühling erinnert ... 
Am Freitag, das ist nach der Beerdigung, die mir beweißt, dass mein Bruder tatsächlich nicht mehr wiederkommt und uns zeigt, das das Leben weitergeht - es ist mein Schnapszahlengeburtstag ... den ich mal groß feiern wollte, dann am liebsten gar nicht und nicht wusste warum - tjaaa .... aber es werden so viele Menschen kommen, die ich lange nicht gesehen habe, was ich auf der einen Seite wirklich als wundervoll empfinde ... wir werden sehen ...

DANKE für Eure Unterstützung!!!!

14 comments:

  1. This quilt is amazing and I'm so sorry for your loss, Monika. No need to respond to me, I know you're busy. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dieser Quilt ist große Klasse! Du warst in den letzten Jahren immer wieder eine Inspiration für mich! Dein Stil gefällt mir!
    Ich hoffe, du kannst Trost finden angesichts des Verlustes.
    "Dankbarkeit ist der Wächter am Tor der Seele gegen die Mächte der Zerstörung" Dieser Satz von Gabriel Marcel hat mich in schweren Zeiten oben gehalten. Vielleicht hilft er Dir? Nähen ist eine wunderbare Therapie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. danke Kerstin!!!
      Und das mit der Näh-Therapie - das stimmt wirklich!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, how sad to be celebrating your birthday by saying goodbye to your dearly loved brother. Blessings and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was hard - but having all the familiy around was good!

      Delete
  4. Oh Monika!! I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.:( Hugs from way over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kandra!! And thank you for your prayers!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Kandra!!

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog through one of your creations on Flickr. I am so sorry for your loss and to lose a brother is so sad. I do hope all went well at the funeral and you found comfort surrounded by the love of family and friends. Thinking of you and sending a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diane!! We do try now to find back to life ...

      Delete
  6. Ach Mona, das tut mir sooo leid - habe gerade gelesen, daß Du Deinen Bruder verloren hast. Ich wünsche Dir ganz viel Kraft für die Trauerzeit - bitte nimm' Dir diese Zeit, sie ist wichtig, ganz wichtig! Sei sanft mit Dir, und paß' gut auf Dich auf. Ich schicke Dir ein paar Cyberhugs, und hoffe, Dich vielleicht demnächst auch "real" drücken zu können.
    Alles, alles Liebe!! Frauke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Frauke!!
      Wir sehen uns ja bestimmt auf der Vernissage am Mittwoch ...

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry to read about your loss. I lost my mother last year and I'm still sad every day. I'm sure your family and friends will help you through this difficult time. Know that there are many friends around the world who have you in their thoughts as well. I admire your work and pray for you and your family at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Nanette! It feels good to hear from people all over the world ... I´m sorry about the loss of your mother,that takes surely a long time to come over ...

    ReplyDelete